Friday, March 28, 2008

Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread


I made this banana bread this morning. I couldn't wait to take a bite, as you may have noticed in the picture! Another winner from Eating Out Loud, although I did make some changes. I used sour cream instead of yogurt (didn't have yogurt), and eggs instead of egg substitute (blech). Due to altitude, I'm sure, I had to bake mine for the full 1 hour and 15 minutes, although for the last 15 minutes I reduced the oven temperature to 300 to avoid burning.

Mine doesn't have the wonderful-looking swirl that Allen's did, but it tastes great. It does taste a little "lite" on my sensitive palate, so I think I will experiment using my favorite banana bread recipe (low-fat, schmo-fat, sorry Allen, ranch life keeps us active!) and adding the chocolate, which is delicious. I will work on my swirling technique as well. =)

For now, I'm off to eat another piece!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin