Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bad Bananas?


I'm sure most of you know that you can make banana bread from overripe bananas. But what if your bananas are overripe and you don't have time to make banana bread? Did you know you can freeze them for later? (Incidentally, the bananas pictured above are still "good." They just happen to be the only bananas around right now.)

Just peel your bananas and place them into a ziploc bag, I usually try to put three in a bag because that's how many I use to make my favorite banana bread recipe, and stick them in the freezer.

When you're ready to make your bread, thaw the bananas in the bag, then use in your recipe. There may be some juice in there as they thaw, just go ahead and pour it in with your bananas. Works like a charm.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

AHA!!! I know this (but try to ignore the fact that I know this)everytime I throw 2-3 too ripe bananas away. Banana bread...HERE I COME!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin