Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Min's S'Moretini

When we were at an Outback Steakhouse a while back, I noticed a drink by this name in their drink menu. I didn't order one, and hadn't tasted this drink. Of course all of Outback's recipes are proprietary, meaning they don't share. I did note that they use Monin Toasted Marshmallow flavoring. ( I will be curious, the next time we make it to an Outback, to see how their drink measures up to mine!)


I went on a quest, and quickly found Monin brand flavorings on the internet. I ended up ordering some directly from Monin. Man do they have some delicious-sounding recipes, with and without alcohol of course. With over 100 different flavors, it is a very enticing website. Stay tuned, you can bet I will be making more drinks!


I decided I wanted to make a vodka drink, modeled after the ne'er-tasted s'moretini, with Monin Toasted Marshmallow flavoring, some chocolate...and I took it from there.


If you don't want to buy all the specifically Monin components of this drink, I'm sure you can make substitutions. You will NEED the Monin Toasted Marshmallow, there is no substitute. You can use vanilla vodka instead of regular, and omit the Vanilla flavoring, or just add 1/4 teaspoon or so vanilla extract. Swirl the glass with Hershey's chocolate syrup or a different chocolate sauce/syrup instead of Monin Dark Chocolate Sauce. I bet it will taste yummy.


However, you may want to splurge on the Monin flavorings. (At least the scrumptious Dark Chocolate Sauce!) Either way, I know you will enjoy this smooth, creamy, luscious and decidedly grown-up s'more in a glass.



Min’s S’moretini

Serves 1


Hershey's syrup

1/2 graham cracker, finely crushed

Monin Dark Chocolate Sauce

ice cubes

1 1/4 ounce vodka

1 ounce Monin Toasted Marshmallow Syrup

1 squeeze Hershey's syrup

1/2 ounce Monin Vanilla Syrup

2 ounces half & half


  • Rim martini glass with Hershey's syrup and crushed graham crackers.
  • Swirl bottom third of glass with a generous drizzle of Monin Dark Chocolate Sauce.
  • In cocktail shaker, combine vodka, Monin Toasted Marshmallow flavoring, Hershey’s Syrup, Monin Vanilla flavoring and half & half.
  • Add a handful of ice cubes and shake until combined and chocolate is incorporated.
  • Carefully strain into glass, and savor.


Number One says "It's yummy!"


Happy New Year!

Please drink Min's S'moretinis responsibly.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin