Saturday, December 6, 2008

Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip

This is a recipe I've had for a long time...I can't remember where I got it. I love this. Number One loves this. If you make some, you'll love it too. Tonight, we ate ours with Fritos. (You can't buy pita bread in this town, much less pita chips. Ya gotta improvise).

A good, quick snack or a great appetizer to take to a party! I had a picture, but I can't find it right now...and honestly, I don't think it was very pretty. Just trust me, you want to make some of this!

Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup grated Romano cheese (I just used 1/2 cup Parm, it's what I had)
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
salt and pepper to taste
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (I didn't measure, just sprinkled it on top until it looked good. I probably used about 1/2 cup or more)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.


In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, garlic, basil, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Gently stir in artichoke hearts and spinach.


Transfer the mixture to a small (8x8") baking dish. Top with mozzarella cheese.

Bake in the preheated oven 25 minutes, until bubbly and lightly browned.



Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, celery, carrot sticks, or anything you feel like dipping.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin