Thursday, July 17, 2008

Texas-Style Pork Ribs


I call these "Texas-style" because I learned how to make a version of these from my friend Karen, who is from Texas. I suppose a more accurate name would be "Karen's Pork Ribs." Call them what you will, these are quick and tasty.

Karen's Texas-Style Pork Ribs

1/2 stick butter
2 + pounds country pork ribs, boneless
1 bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce (regular size, roughly 18 ounces)

Melt the butter in a deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add pork ribs and brown on all sides. Turn heat down to low, and cover pork ribs with 1/2 bottle of BBQ sauce, pouring most of the sauce directly on the meat. Simmer for about 10 minutes, then turn ribs and coat with the rest of the BBQ sauce. Simmer until meat is done, probably 10 minutes or less.

Transfer meat to a platter and spoon some of the sauce on top.
Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that this is an old post, but those who are googling for a quick and easy one pan little mess recipe for country ribs or Texas style pork ribs, this is a good one. The first time I made them, they came out pretty good. The second time I made them, I used olive oil instead of butter and I left them simmering for another 10 minutes or so. I also tried a different bbq sauce with a little honey. As long as you don't dry them out when you brown them, this recipe is pretty much idiot proof.

Min said...

Yes, Anon, an old post but a good recipe! Glad you like them...a good bbq sauce is a must! Thanks for your comment.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin