Friday, July 18, 2008

Oyster Cracker Snacks


My grandma used to make these all the time. Oyster crackers are those little crackers (above) usually served with clam chowder. I remember my grandpa eating them plain, in a bowl, with milk. I never knew how simple the snacks were to make until I got my grandma's recipe for a family cookbook my mom and I are putting together. These are incredibly easy and quick, and they keep well (in fact, they taste better with age) so you can make them several days ahead. They taste great, so they are popular at get-togethers. I love these little snacks.

Oyster Cracker Snacks

Makes a lot

Ingredients:

2 bags oyster crackers
1 tablespoon dill weed
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 cup oil (I used olive)

Mix ingredients in large bowl, shake or stir well. Put in paper bag and shake to remove excess oil. Wipe out bowl, then put back in covered bowl to age.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great recipe!

You can also use a packet of ranch dressing mix with the oil and bake it for about 10 minutes on 300 degrees. Put foil down for easy clean up!

Min said...

Good idea, I'm sure there are endless spice combinations.

I wonder whether your baking is really necessary? I can't see a reason for it...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin