Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Chicken Cutlets Milanese


I had totally forgotten about this yummy recipe, until I went to Idaho this last weekend. I made this dish for my grandma and mom when we were up there last year. My mom doesn't get to eat chicken at her house, because my dad is WiErD and doesn't eat chicken! So, every excuse we get to make chicken, we do it! I made a different chicken dish at my grandma's this year, but when I got home, I looked through all my recipes to find this one so I could make it this week. I love the flavor of the Balsamic Vinaigrette with the chicken...it's a great combination. If I remember correctly, I got this recipe from my mom's Weight Watcher cookbook! When I make this, I make up some brown rice and a veggie for the kids because they don't like the vinaigrette dressing! But they LoVe the chicken! Really simple, healthy, yummy dinner!

1/4 Cup dried Italian seasoned bread crumbs
2 Tbls grated Parmesan cheese
4 (3 ounce) thin sliced chicken breast cutlets
1 1/2 tsp olive oil
2 cups Arugula or Spinach
Large tomato, diced
1/2 Cup thinly sliced vidalia or sweet onion
3 Tbls light balsamic vinaigrette dressing
Ground pepper

Mix bread crumbs and cheese on wax paper, coat chicken. Heat oil in skillet over med heat. Add chicken and cook until browned (about 2 1/2 min per side) Combine Arugula, tomato and onion in med bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Place on plates, top w/chicken and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin