Saturday, November 28, 2009

Cheddar Chutney Bites

I found this recipe in an ad for Cabot Cheese in the latest Martha Stewart Living magazine. I love the idea of miniature cheese balls, and I thought it would be a perfect appetizer for Thanksgiving.

O
f course we couldn't find Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, so we used an Extra Sharp White Cheddar, possibly from Tillamook, I can't remember. We used cashews for rolling.

These were delicious, as long as you like strong cheddar cheese! We served ours with Artisan Bread Crostini, and actually Number One rolled them a bit bigger than they should have been.

We will be making these again, possibly with some changes for more chutney flavor. I'll keep you posted~


Cabot Cheddar Chutney Bites
Makes about 24

16 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 4 cups)
6 tablespoons cream cheese
2 tablespoons Major Grey's Chutney (this is a mango chutney)
2/3 cup finely chopped peanuts or cashews

Combine cheddar cheese, cream cheese and chutney in bowl; mash with fork until mixture is well blended and holds together easily.

Shape mixture into 1-inch balls; roll balls in chopped nuts. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.

3 comments:

Martha said...

Yummy! I hope you'll link these up at the Krazy Kitchen on Monday for my Monday Munchies post!

Martha said...

Thanks for linking up - can't wait to try these!

Jennie said...

These sound delicious! I bet they would be good with a caramelized onion chutney too! I am bookmarking this recipe for Christmas! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin