Thursday, April 9, 2009

Emily's Bread Machine Noodles

Today was my first time ever to make fresh pasta. I know it's not difficult or even very time-consuming, but I've just never done it until today. And today, I ended up making two different kinds of pasta noodles!

At Emily's, we made her noodles that are mixed in the bread machine (recipe below). I didn't have the right kind of flour, and didn't want to drag out my neglected bread machine, so I found a different Egg Noodle recipe.

Here's Emily's. It's from the Oster Breadmaker Cookbook (you know, the one that comes in the box with the machine).


Picture soon, right Em?



Bread Machine Noodles

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup Semolina Flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
7/8 cup water (7 ounces)

Measure ingredients into the breadmaker. Select the "Dough" setting, press "Start" and let mix for 8 to 10 minutes. Place dough onto a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8" thick, and cut. We used a pizza cutter.

Add noodles to boiling, salted water, or Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup, and cook gently for 10-15 minutes, or until done.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin