Friday, August 8, 2008

Lemonade


Lemonade is one of H-Bomb's favorites; we go through gallons of it in the summertime. We also serve it at almost every party. It is both H-Bomb's and Sawed Off's beverage of choice in restaurants.

It is very easy to make good lemonade. Lemonade that doesn't involve mystery powders or mixes. It is delicious to use real lemons, but with two little cowboys, I don't have that kind of time.

I use ReaLemon.
It is simply delicious. You could use other brands of lemon juice, but I've found the ReaLemon brand to be better,tastier and more consistent.

Choose an appropriately sized container; you can make one serving or two gallons! Another reason to love it. All you need is lemon juice, sugar, and water. I always measure the sugar first, then the lemon juice, then the water, and then my measuring cup is a snap to clean. Depending on the container, sometimes I use a funnel (if I'm making gallon jugs for a back-up party supply, for example)

Here are the measurements:
(you'll notice that you use equal parts sugar and ReaLemon)

1 serving: 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons ReaLemon; 3/4 cup water

1 quart: 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup ReaLemon; 3 1/4 cups water

2 quarts: 1 cup sugar and 1 cup ReaLemon; 6 1/2 cups water

1 gallon: 2 cups sugar and 2 cups ReaLemon; 13 cups (or however many it takes to fill your gallon jug)

2 gallons: 4 cups sugar and 4 cups ReaLemon; 26 cups water

Mix well, relax and enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm Alisha from Wowzio, and I'm excited to tell you about our new widget platform that helps bloggers increase readership and create more engaged users. I wanted to reach out to you to ask for your feedback on these widgets (feel free to also install them on your blog, if you feel they are a good fit). You can check out widgets customized for your blog here:

Wowzio Widgets for your blog

I'm sorry for leaving this message via a comment, it's not at all our intent to spam you ( which is why i'm leaving this comment on an older post and you can always remove this comment ). Again, we would love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Alisha Wright
alisha.wright1@gmail.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin