Thursday, February 7, 2008

1st Ever Bad Girl's Kitchen Contest!!!

Submit your very best
Valentine's Day recipe
!


Your recipe can be in any category you choose. Please include a story about what makes your recipe special to you; to whom you served it, what inspired you to make it, whatever you feel like sharing.

Deadline for entries will be February 14, 2008 at midnight, MST. Winner will be chosen completely subjectively.


A modest prize, I know, but it was hand-crocheted by me! (my grandma taught me how to make 'em.) I use a whole towel, folded in half, not cut in half like some do. These towels are useful and cute, and this one will complement a variety of decors. I keep mine right by the sink for ultimate handiness and convenience.

1 comment:

kdwhorses said...

Well, I will not be cooking Valentine's dinner until Saturday, hubby is working nights. But his all time fav of my desserts is Buttermilk Pie. I could probably get him to do anything with this pie! *I do not use the nutmeg*
Buttermilk Pie
1/2 c butter, at room temp.
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 tbsp. flour
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 pie crust, unbaked
nutmeg (optional)
Have all the indgredients at room temperature. Put oven rack in lower third of the oven.
In mixer bowl, beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
In a seperate bowl, slightly beat eggs. Mix in flour, buttermilk and vanilla. Add egg mixture to butter mixture and beat on high speed until well combined and mixture looks slightly curdled. Slowly pour mixture into crust. Place on rack of preheated 325 degree oven and bake about 55 minutes. Partly cool on wire rack and refrigerate for about an hour before cutting to serve. Keep in frig. My email is kdwhorses@embarqmail.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin