Friday, October 8, 2010

Roasted Salmon with Potatoes


Here's another recipe from Real Simple's website that we had for dinner last night. I had some salmon fillets, but didn't know how I wanted to cook them. This is easy, and you only use one pan. The recipe calls for mushrooms, which I didn't have...I'm not sure how good they would have tasted with this, so let me know if you add them!

H-Bomb LOVED this, even with the sauce, and kept saying, "Thank you for making this salmon, Mom, I love it!" He said it at least three times. Sawed Off didn't like it one bit. Number One and I thought it was good.


Roasted Salmon with Potatoes (and mushrooms)

Serves 4

Hands-On Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
  • 1 pound small new potatoes (about 10), halved
  • 8 ounces mushrooms, optional
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • kosher salt and black pepper
  • salmon fillets (1 large or 4 small = 1 per person)
  • 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
  1. Heat oven to 400° F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the potatoes, mushrooms, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
  2. Roast, tossing once, until the potatoes begin to soften, about 20 minutes.
  3. Push the vegetables to the edges of the pan and place the salmon in the center. Season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
  4. Roast until the salmon is opaque throughout, the mushrooms are tender, and the potatoes are golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
  5. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, honey, and parsley, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salmon and vegetables before serving.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Looks good. In my house, I'm with Sawed Off, I'm the one that doesn't like salmon. But it is my youngest boy's favorite so I make it a lot. I'll have to make this one for him.

Shell said...

this sounds yummy! Might have to try it!

Elizabeth said...

HOWDY Partner :) I have really enjoyed looking through your blog... but man, it's hard to decide which yummy recipe to make! The cookies in my picture are Lemon Zester cookies and they are sandwiched together with raspberry ice cream. The link is http://whiskandaprayer.blogspot.com/2010/07/whisked-away-wednesday-couple-of.html

Happy baking!

tables said...

I really love salmons that is being roasted. The flavor is so nice and the aroma is perfect.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin