I can't believe I haven't posted this recipe before! But when I wanted to track it down to share with someone, it wasn't here! So now I'll share it with all of you!
This pie comes from a cookbook called The One-Armed Cook, a spiral-bound book which includes "Quick and easy recipes, smart meal plans, and savvy advice for new (and not-so-new) moms." I got the book sometime after the birth of my second son, and have made several delicious recipes from it.
When my oldest son was about three, he helped me make this pie. It is sooooo easy, whipped up in a blender, and it even makes its own crust! (don't ask me how, it just works!) And it's custardy and yummy too! This pie is so good and simple, I made one right away so I could show you a picture!
Yum! I made one! I had forgotten how scrumptious this pie is--like a creamy egg custard, topped with perfectly toasted coconut! You should make one too!
Blender Coconut Pie
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Start to Finish time: 55 minutes
4 large eggs
2 cups milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 (3 1/2-ounce) can sweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Coat a 9-inch glass pie dish with cooking spray.
3. Place all the ingedients except for the coconut in a blender container, blend for 1 minute, until well mixed. Pour this mixture into the prepared pie dish. Sprinkle with the coconut.
4. Bake for 45 minutes, or until the center is set and the top is toasted golden brown.
5. Let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes before serving.