Monday, December 14, 2009

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

Frozen Chocolate-Peanut Butter Pie

Sweet and Savory Says it All

The first comment I must make, is, in my humble opinion, this pie should not be frozen. We could not wait for it to freeze so we ate when it was creamy and almost like a mousse. It was unbelievable. I do know that it is good frozen because I have had similar pies like this but for a whole different treat, try it both ways.

What is nice about this pie is that you can put it in the freezer and have it ready, if company drops by, or if you want to treat yourselves.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups heavy cream

4 ounces semisweet chocolate squares, chunked

Chocolate crust - my favorite is made from a cream filled chocolate cookies. Regular chocolate cookies work well, also. If you can buy these, you can use the ready-made. This time, I picked the crust up, when I was shopping.

8 ounces cream cheese

1 cup powdered sugar

3/ cup smooth peanut butter

Method:

In a small bowl, combine a half of the cream and the chocolate.

Microwave this, very carefully, checking every twenty seconds. I would put it on a medium temperature. When, taken it out, it should be gently stirred until is is smooth.

Place chocolate over crust.

Freeze for 40 minutes.

Prepare filling:

In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.

Whip 1 cup whipping cream until stiff. Beat half of whipped cream into peanut butter mixture until well mixed.

Add remaining whipped cream.



Spread filling evenly over chocolate mixture in crust.

Freeze for 30 minutes.

Carefully spread remaining chocolate mixture over top and decorate if you would like. You could use chopped peanuts, sprinkles or chips.

Freeze overnight. Remove an hour before using.


2 comments:

Inspired by eRecipeCards said...

what a pie... I LOVE this time of year!!

Judy said...

Oh, my, this looks too good to pass up!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin