Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thai-Style Chicken with Coconut Curry

Taste & Create is such a great event. It helps me discover sooo many new recipes. This recipe isn't even from my partner(s) this month, I just saw it, had all the ingredients and thought it would make a fabulous dinner. And it did!

Go to the Taste & Create website and see what scrumptious dishes you are tempted to make!

The recipe comes from Christine of Kits Chow, who got it from Marthe of Culinary Delights, both of whom participated in T&C last month. I modified a couple of ingredients, so here's how I made it.

It was a beautiful dish, easy and delicious , we couldn't stop eating it! We ate our chicken with artisan bread to soak up the curry.


Thai-Style Chicken with Coconut Curry

1 shallot, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons curry paste (I used green)
2 cups chicken broth
1 can coconut milk
6 chicken thighs
1 lime
2 green onions, chopped

Fry shallot in oil until beginning to brown. Add garlic and curry paste, stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, simmer for 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, stir until combined, then add chicken. Bring mixture to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in juice of one lime and green onions; serve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindy,

Mary & I love curry and will try this good lookin' dish.

The chicken looks like it might have been browned a bit before putting it in to boil. If we use skin on pieces, we would want to brown the skin sides. Do you think that would work OK?

-Robert

Min said...

This curry is so good we had it two nights in a row!

Didn't brown the chicken first, and you're right, my chicken didn't have skin...

I think it would work though, if you browned the chicken thighs in the oil first, then removed them to a plate, fried your shallot, etc. then returned the chicken to the pan again after the coconut milk to finish cooking. I think that's what I would do if I had chicken with skin.

Let me know how you like it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin