Monday, June 15, 2009

Cold Spaghetti Salad

This is an old recipe of my mom's, I have no idea where she got it. It is delicious and refreshing on a hot summer's day, and quite easy to put together. I decided I would make it when I saw how many radishes Wifey has in her garden today, and she offered me some.

The only catch is the McCormick's Salad Supreme, sometimes it's hard to find in stores. When I see it, I usually buy at least 3 bottles so I won't run out. Someday I will try to figure out what spices go into it and then amend the recipe here. But not today!

I realize it's called "spaghetti" salad, but I prefer linguine. You try it, and let me know which you prefer. This time, however, I didn't have linguine, so spaghetti it was!


Cold Spaghetti Salad

1 pound linguini, boiled
1 cup chopped green pepper (this time I plan to use a mix of sweet, multi-colored peppers)
1 cup chopped red onion
1 cup chopped radishes
1 8-ounce bottle Wishbone Italian Salad Dressing
1/2 bottle McCormick's Salad Supreme

Prepare pasta and chopped ingredients, then toss together in large bowl. Sprinkle with salad dressing and salad supreme, mix well. Let sit, refrigerated, for several hours to allow the flavors to develop.

Serve cold.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Recipe came from Jane. I, also, prefer it w/the linguini. Reading the recipe reminded me I need to pick up more McCormick's. Someone brought a similar recipe to a party & had added pepperoni to it. It was ok but I prefer the original.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin