I've been looking for a good cornbread recipe that is easy, moist and slightly sweet. Well here it is! I also made a batch without the jalapeno for those that wanted. Both came out fabulous.
Here's what you'll need...
1-cup Yellow cornmeal
1-cup All-purpose flour
1-Tbs Baking powder
Pinch Kosher salt
3 Large eggs
1-cup Heavy cream* (See note below)
1/4-cup Butter, melted (1/2 stick)
1-cup Fresh or frozen corn kernels
1/3-cup Grated sharp white cheddar cheese
1 Small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; mix with a fork.
- Stir in the eggs, cream and melted butter.
- Fold in the corn, cheese and jalapeno pepper until well distributed.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake approximately 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick or knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
*I didn't have heavy cream. I used 2% milk and added a little extra melted butter. Everything came out just fine.