Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Heart Chicken

This is an old recipe from the inside of a Celestial Seasonings Tea box. I remember serving it to my grandparents when they came out for a visit, probably 10 years ago. I'm so happy I found the recipe (on the inside of the original tea box lid that I saved!) I remember the chicken looking so nice with the vegetables on top, and it was delicious!

Even though I don't have a picture ~yet~ I wanted to post it so I don't misplace the recipe again! And if any of you Bad Girls (Miss Niss?? healthy, yummy, easy chicken!! Cheryl??) decide to make this (which you should!) send me a picture and I'll add it to the post!

Happy Heart Chicken
Makes 8 servings

Ingredients:
3 lbs. chicken pieces, skinned
2 teaspoons dried basil
3 tablespoons lemon juice
4 green scallions
1 large zucchini
2 medium carrots
1 can (14 oz) hearts of palm or artichoke hearts (I used artichoke hearts)

Directions:

Arrange chicken in a large casserole dish. Sprinkle with basil and lemon juice. Chop scallions and spread over chicken. Scrub zucchini and carrots clean--do not peel--then cut each vegetable in half. Quarter them lengthwise to make 8 pieces out of each vegetable.

Arrange vegetables in an alternating pattern on top of the chicken, along with the hearts of palm.

Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour, or until carrots are just tender.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin