Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Cranberry BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches


Get ready for the Superbowl, March Madness or just about any pot luck occasion!! This is a SIMPLE recipe... only 5 ingredients. Even the person who can't boil an egg can make this. My 22-month old LOVED it! He had BBQ sauce running down his chin last night.

I got this recipe from Sandra Lee's Semi-Homemade Slow Cooker Recipes. I altered it slightly. For example... the recipe calls for serving the roast and sauce separately. I suppose it's that When Harry met Sally "I'd like it on the side" scenario. Screw that... I just threw everything back in the pot and served it up. It was FINE.

The original recipe also calls for a pork SHOULDER roast. I'm not a butcher... I really don't know the difference between a pork shoulder roast and a pork loin roast. All I know is that I had a pork loin roast in my freezer; hence, I used that.

What you'll need...

3-4 lbs pork loin/shoulder roast
1 Tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 medium to large onion sliced
1 16-oz bottle of hickory flavored BBQ sauce
2 15-oz cans of WHOLE cranberry sauce
Sandwich rolls

Place the sliced onions in the bottom of a 5-qt slow cooker. Place the pork roast on top, season with the Montreal Steak seasoning. Mix the BBQ and cranberry sauce in a bowl and pour over the roast. Cook for 8-10 hours on low. Remove roast and shred with forks. Return to the cooker and mix well. Serve on sandwich rolls.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin