Wendy’s Simple Cheesecake
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (requires 1 wrapped package)
2/3 cup + 5 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
16 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
2 eggs at room temperature
1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
1 cup cultured sour cream at room temperature
1. First, make crust by microwaving butter in small bowl just until melted.
2. Stir in graham cracker crumbs and 2 tablespoon sugar.
3. Lightly butter bottom of 8-inch springform pan. Then press crumbs evenly into bottom and up sides about a half-inch. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
4. To make filling, beat cream cheese in medium-sized bowl. Then beat in 2/3 cup sugar.
5. Add half of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Beat at medium speed about 5 minutes.
6. Pour filling over refrigerated graham-cracker-crumb crust. Bake in 350°F. oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool 30 minutes before adding sour-cream topping.
7. To make the sour-cream topping, mix sour cream, 3 tablespoons sugar, the remainder of the salt, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in small bowl.
8. Once cheesecake has cooled for 30 minutes, evenly spread sour-cream topping over cheesecake and return to 350°F. oven for 10 more minutes.
9. Cool to room temperature before placing covered cheesecake in refrigerator for at least 8 hours before serving.
NOTE: To determine the size of a springform pan, measure the diameter of the bottom from inside the rim. If you have a 9-inch pan, adjust the recipe by pressing the crust only into the bottom of the pan, not up the sides. Since the cheesecake won’t be quite as high, it may not need to bake quite as long.