1/3 cup heavy cream
6 ounces high-quality bittersweet chocolate, very finely chopped
2 tablespoons butter, very soft
Cocoa powder, sifted
1. Bring the cream to a boil.
2. Pour boiling cream over chocolate placed in small bowl.
3. Wait 1 minute. Then whisk until the mixture is smooth and shiny.
4. Add very soft butter and whisk to blend completely. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
5. Scoop out using small ice-cream scoops, making level, not rounded, scoops.
6. Roll each scoop between your palms to form balls. If chocolate is too hard to shape, leave it at room temperature for 20 minutes. If chocolate is too soft, return to refrigerator.
7. Roll the truffles in a small bowl of sifted cocoa powder. Then toss from hand to hand to shake off the excess cocoa powder.
8. Place truffles in small fluted paper or foil cups, cover, and refrigerator until ready to serve. They may be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.