Dark Chocolate Brownies With
White Chocolate Chunks
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
4 ounces good-quality white chocolate, such as Lindt or
Ghiradelli, cut into ½-inch pieces
Fresh large strawberries, washed and dried—if desired
1. In a medium-sized, microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt unsweetened chocolate and butter. Alternatively, melt in heavy medium-sized saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
2. In the meantime, whisk sugar and eggs together. Continue whisking until mixture is very thick, about 3 minutes.
3. Whisk in chocolate mixture.
4. Stir in baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
5. Add flour and fold in gently.
6. Stir in white chocolate chunks.
7. Transfer batter into buttered 8-inch square baking pan and bake in 325°F. oven for about 25 minutes or until tester inserted centers comes out with moist crumbs attached..
8. Transfer brownies in pan to rack; cool completely.
9. Cut brownies into 16 squares and transfer to serving tray. If desired, garnish tray with strawberries.
NOTE: Brownies can be prepared one day ahead if stored airtight.