1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 3 small lemons)
2 tablespoons diced shallots
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Whisk together lemon juice,
shallots, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Let mixture sit 5 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes, whisk in olive oil.
3. Add remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt along with pepper and whipping cream.
4. Whisk in more salt or pepper to taste.
5. Toss with salad greens, drizzle over sliced tomatoes or cucumbers, or refrigerate until ready to use.
NOTE: If one has an up-down whisk, one can make dressing in 2-cup measuring cup, using it to measure
liquids roughly, which will be sufficient.
Whipping cream helps create emulsion.