Brown Sugar Brownies
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
½ cup butter at room temperature
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 eggs at room temperature
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, optional
Powdered sugar, optional
1. Melt chocolate in a custard cup in the microwave at less than full power.
2. In medium-large mixing bowl, beat butter.
3. Add dark brown sugar and beat well.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
5. Beat in melted but cooled chocolate as well as salt.
6. Remove beaters. Stir in flour and, if desired, walnuts.
7. Spread into greased 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
8. Bake in 325°F. oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
9. Let cool. Dust with sifted powdered sugar if desired. Cut into ninths.