Easy Chicken Mole
2 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
1 ½ pounds chicken tenders or boneless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 14-ounce can chicken broth
1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with chiles
¼ cup creamy peanut butter, ideally natural
1 ounce grated or chopped unsweetened or bittersweet chocolate
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 to 2 teaspoons honey
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Salt to taste
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add cubed chicken and sauté just until chicken ñis no longer pink in the center. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
3. Add another tablespoon of vegetable oil to skillet and sauté the onions until softened.
4. Add garlic and sauté another minute or two.
5. Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, peanut butter, chocolate, chili powder, honey, and cinnamon.
6. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. The sauce may be puréed with an immersible blender at this point.
7. Add reserved chicken to the sauce and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
8. Salt to taste. Serve over rice and top with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of cilantro.
NOTE: You can use leftover cooked chicken and skip the first two steps.