Pasta Salad With Feta and Olives
½ cup Italian parsley leaves
2 tablespoons drained capers, optional
1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
2 large jalapeños, seeded and pithed
3 cloves garlic
1 large lemon
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 to 6 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
20 pitted Kalamata olives, finely chopped
1 pound farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
½ cup sliced green onions
1. Put salted water for pasta on the stove over high heat.
2. Meanwhile, mince parsley, capers if desired, oregano, jalapeños, and garlic.
3. Place minced ingredients together in large serving bowl. Finely grate zest of lemon into bowl. Stir.
4. Add olive oil to bowl and stir.
5. Cut lemon in half and squeeze lemon juice into bowl, straining seeds and pulp. Stir.
6. Add pasta to boiling water and return water to slow boil. Cook al dente. Drain in colander and rinse with cool water.
7. Add feta cheese and olives to bowl. Stir.
8. Add drained pasta to bowl. Stir.
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in green onions. Serve at room temperature.