Modified only slightly from theKitchn. Follow link to see a picture.
Honey & Chili Chicken
with Creamy Cilantro Sauce
½ cup amber ale
¼ cup cider vinegar
¼ cup honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chili powder
3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Roughly chopped cilantro for garnish
Creamy Cilantro Sauce
1 cup sour cream
1 ½ cups loosely packed cilantro leaves (about 1 bunch)
1 lime’s zest and juice
½ teaspoon salt
1. Whisk together ale, honey, vinegar, olive oil, and chili powder in a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the chicken thighs to the bowl and stir until the thighs are evenly coated. The chicken can be cooked immediately or marinated in the fridge for up to three hours.
3. Arrange chicken thighs on a baking sheet or in a roasting pan, keeping the chicken pieces slightly separated. Drizzle any remaining dressing over chicken.
4. Roast in 450°F. until cooked thoroughly and the thickest part of the thighs register 165°F. with an instant-read thermometer, about 25 to 30 minutes.
5. If cilantro sauce wasn’t made up to a day ahead, then, while the thighs are roasting, make the cilantro sauce by placing all sauce ingredients in a small food processor.
6. Process continuously until the cilantro is minced very finely and the sauce is light green.
7. Serve the chicken after spooning any extra glaze from the pan over the hot chicken and garnishing it with roughly chopped cilantro. Serve with Creamy Cilantro Sauce.
NOTE: Easy, quick, and delicious! Easily multiplied. Great for a crowd. Good served with rice. Sometime try substituting apple juice for ale.
Chicken thighs can be grilled covered over high heat for 4 minutes on each side.