Double-chocolate Bundt Cake
1 cup cocoa powder
6 ounces chopped bittersweet chocolate
¾ cup boiling water
10 tablespoons butter at room temperature
2 cups brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
5 eggs at room temperature
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups sour cream
1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
1. Butter a 12-cup Bundt pan and then dust with cocoa powder.
2. Add cocoa powder and chopped chocolate to 4-cup Pyrex
3. Add boiling water to combined chocolate, and stir until bittersweet chocolate is melted. If necessary, microwave in 30-second intervals until chocolate is completely melted, stirring after each 30 seconds. Allow to cool.
4. Cream butter.
5. Add brown sugar and vanilla to butter, and beat well.
6. One at a time, add eggs to creamed mixture, blending well after
7. Add baking soda and salt to creamed mixture.
8. Fold sour cream into melted chocolate.
9. Add the chocolate mixture to the creamed mixture, and blend
10. Gently fold in flour just until combined.
11. Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan, and bake at 350°F. for 65 to 70 minutes or until the cake passes the toothpick test.
12. Cool slightly in pan before removing cake to wire rack to cool
13. Sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar before serving.
NOTE: May be served with whipped cream. May use chocolate
glaze in place of powdered sugar.