Tuesday, May 22, 2012
I like that this muffin recipe uses wheat bran and not any processed cereal, such as All-Bran.
CLASSIC BRAN MUFFINS
1 1/2 cups wheat bran
1 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup nuts, raisins, or coconut
1. In small bowl, mix together wheat bran and buttermilk. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. In medium-large bowl, beat egg.
3. Add vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and vanilla to beaten
egg. Beat until well blended.
4. Add bran-buttermilk mixture and stir well.
4. Gently stir in all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, and nuts.
5. Distribute batter among 12 greased or paper-lined muffin tins.
6. Bake in 375°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until muffins pass the toothpick test.
NOTE: Freeze well.
Cooked up by Wendy D. at 4:22 PM