Friday, April 11, 2008

Grilled Apple & Cheddar Pitas


I got the idea for this from Whole Foods Recipe page.  They called them Apple Cheddar Quesadillas but since I didn't have any tortillas, I opted for the pita bread.  
Simple to make, very quick and kid friendly.  Could be a snack or lunch.  

Here's what you need:

Fuji apple, thinly sliced
Pita bread (cut in half)
Sliced or shredded cheddar cheese (sharp as you like it)
Butter

Put the apple slices and cheese in the pita.  Melt some butter in a pan.  When it's hot enough but not (brown and burning) place your pitas in the pan and flip after a couple minutes.  
YUM!!!

1 comment:

Min said...

Pitas or tortillas, it sounds good! It made me laugh--I have a fridge constantly full of tortillas; can't even buy pitas here!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin