Sunday, September 12, 2010

Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery Maple Bread Pudding


I came home from Rudi's Gluten-Free Gourmet Dinner at Root Down, Denver, with a loaf of Rudi's Gluten-Free Bread and a recipe for the delicious gluten-free bread pudding that had been served for dessert. Root Down made a really good bread pudding, so I was eager to re-create it using my gluten-free loaf of bread.


I cut off most of the crust and cubed one loaf of Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery Bread for this recipe.

I altered the recipe slightly to accommodate the ingredients I had on hand. Here's what I mixed up:

  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • a pinch of sea salt

I poured my liquid mixture over the bread cubes and let it sit, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes. Then, I added 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, mixed it one more time, and poured it into a pyrex baking dish to bake at 325 for 30-40 minutes, until it was golden brown and cooked through the center.


I patiently let it cool, then served it with farm-fresh strawberries, some peach, and a drizzle I made with equal parts heavy whipping cream and maple syrup.



This recipe is a winner! It is definitely some of the BEST bread pudding I've had.

1 comment:

fuat gencal said...

Merhabalar, Yeturla lezzet kareleri Bugün bacaklı çorba tarifi ile bloglardan seçmelerde. (http://gencalsabahattin.blogspot.com)
Sizinde her pazartesi yayınlanmasını istediğiniz yemek tariflerinizi beklerim.

Saygılarımla

Blog Widget by LinkWithin