Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Strawberry Balsamic Freezer Jam

I found this recipe on the Ball website, http://freshpreserving.com/  It is attributed to Barbara H. of Park Hills, Missouri.  And it is fabulous!

I am adding it to my fruit preserving/harvest repertoire, as well as sharing it with you.


Enjoy!

Strawberry Balsamic Freezer Jam


Makes about 5 (8 oz) half pints
1 cup balsamic vinegar
4 cups crushed strawberries
1/2 cup honey
5 tablespoons Ball® RealFruit® Instant Pectin

Pour balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until reduced to 3/4 cup. Chill until cool.

Mix strawberries, honey and cooled balsamic vinegar in a large mixing bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes. Add pectin. Stir 3 minutes.

Ladle jam into clean jars to fill line. Twist on lids. Let stand until thickened, about 30 minutes. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.

1 comment:

Cooking55lady said...

I made 2 batches or this today. One I used Pomegranate balsamic vinegar and the other Cranberry balsamic vinegar. They both have a tangy taste the we love. I was hoping my husband would like them instead of the heavy sugar laden recipes. Tomorrow I'm going to try it using Chocolate balsamic vinegar. Thanks for posting.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin