Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Aunt Diane's Fresh Shrimp Dip

You might guess that I got this recipe from Aunt Diane. It's true. We went to her house over the weekend for a family get-together with a couple of our Australian friends, and she had this dip out for us when we arrived. I immediately asked for the recipe. Of course Diane said fresh shrimp are better, but in true ranch wife fashion, you make do with what you have. In her case, and in mine today, we used canned shrimp.

I didn't have all the measurements, so I winged it with the ingredients. But I think it turned out pretty darn good. I'm taking it to our girl's retreat this weekend, we'll just see what Aunt Diane says about how I did!

*I will try to remember to take a picture...if not this time, then next time for sure!

Aunt Diane's Fresh Shrimp Dip

1 8-ounce block cream cheese
1 cup mayonnaise
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2-4 green onions, minced
1/2 of a large green pepper, seeded and chopped fine
2 stalks celery, chopped fine
shrimp (this time I used 1 6-ounce can of "tiny shrimp," drained

Mix ingredients and refrigerate for at least two hours. Stir before serving.

Serve with Wheat Thins and assorted vegetables.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Sounds yummy!!! As does any shrimp recipe for us! Will be trying it soon!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin