Sunday, January 30, 2011

New Orleans-style Barbecue Shrimp


I found this recipe over at Louanne's Kitchen and immediately knew I had to try it. I halved the recipe and it more than fed five of us. I used less cayenne than the recipe called for, and it turned out perfectly.

SCRUMPTIOUS!!!! This shrimp is soooooo good. Bread for mopping up the sauce is a must. Our shrimp had tails on, but no heads. Delicious, I couldn't stop eating them! Try these TODAY!!


New Orleans-style Barbecue Shrimp
Recipe adapted by Louanne, from the cookbook: Who's Your Mama, Are You Catholic, and Can You Make A Roux?

6 lbs large shrimp (heads on, don’t peel them)

2 sticks butter

¾ cup olive oil

¼ cup Worcestershire sauce

6 tablespoons lemon juice

1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon minced garlic (recipe calls for 1 teaspoon garlic powder, but Louanne prefers fresh~for my half recipe, I used 1 clove garlic)

2 teaspoons paprika

2 teaspoons cayenne (I used less than 1/2 teaspoon for my half recipe)

1 teaspoon black pepper

1 ½ teaspoons salt

½ teaspoon hot sauce

1 tablespoon dried rosemary

1 teaspoon dried oregano


Rinse and drain shrimp, then spread in a large baking pan while making sauce.

Melt butter over medium low heat, add remaining ingredients and remove from heat. Allow sauce to cool for 5-7 minutes, then pour over shrimp. Marinate shrimp for 1 hour.


While shrimp are marinating, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake shrimp from 15-20 minutes, stirring every 5-7 minutes. *I totally forgot to stir the shrimp at all, and they turned out fine.


Do not overcook.


Serve in bowls with plenty of the sauce and lots of French bread for sopping up the sauce.

3 comments:

Big Dude said...

Must be popular today as I've read two posts for this dish and they both look delicious.

dining table said...

This one looks really easy to make. Something to fill me up this lunch!

Harika baratam said...

shrimp looks yummy........

Blog Widget by LinkWithin