Roasted Carrots and Shallots
2 pounds carrots, peeled with stem ends removed
12 small to medium-sized shallots
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
4 tablespoons butter, melted
½ teaspoon salt plus more to taste
¼ ground black pepper plus more to taste
1. Cut carrots in half crosswise. Then lengthwise halve the fatter halves. Place in medium-large bowl.
2. To carrots, add shallots, thyme, butter, measured salt and pepper. Toss.
3. Line rimmed large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Place carrots in single layer on top of lining.
4. Cover baking sheet tightly with foil. Cook on middle rack of oven heated to 425°F. for 10 minutes.
5. Remove foil; continue to cook, stirring every 10 minutes, for 20 to 30 minutes or until carrots are both well-browned and tender. Toss with more salt and pepper if desired.
NOTE: Carrots are delicious hot, warm, or at room temperature.