This recipe includes some of my favorite ingredients. It makes heavy muffins but ones that are delicious warm or at room temperature. I suspect the muffins would freeze well. I imagine adding chopped almonds or even another nut would make a delicious variation to this version, or one could try simply sticking a whole almond in each muffin top before baking.
Wendy’s Almond-Banana-Coconut Muffins
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup whole-wheat flour
½ cup almond meal
½ cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup grated coconut
2 very ripe large bananas, mashed
¼ cup coconut oil
¼ cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup almond milk, soy milk, or cow’s milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon almond extract
1. Combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, almond meal, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
2. Stir in grated coconut.
3. In medium-sized bowl, beat eggs.
4. Stir in mashed bananas, coconut oil, maple syrup, milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract, mixing well.
5. Add wet ingredients to well made in dry ingredients.
6. Divide batter among 12 full-sized muffin pans, filling about three-fourths full.
7. Bake in 350°F. oven for about 20 minutes.
8. Serve warm or at room temperature.