6 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
2 cups raw whole almonds or quartered pecans or walnuts
2 cups grated coconut, sweetened or unsweetened
2 cups raw sunflower seeds
1/2 cup raw wheat germ
1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup raw sesame seeds
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
1. In a very large bowl, combine oatmeal, nuts, coconut, sunflower seeds, wheat germ, pumpkin
seeds, sesame seeds, and brown sugar.
2. In a 2-cup Pyrex measuring cup, measure oil, honey, and salt. Microwave 1 minute. Stir.
3. Pour honey mixture into dry ingredients and combine.
4. Pour half the mixture, about 7½ cups, into a roasting pan.
5. Bake in a 300°F oven for 40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, break into bite-size pieces, and cool before sealing airtight.
7. Follow Steps 4 through 6 for remainder of granola.
NOTE: Can use an entire 7-ounce bag of grated coconut without measuring. Bits of dried fruit can be added after granola has cooled.